Originally 181A Yu Yuen Road, now 745 Yuyuan Road 愚园路745号
Hotel Tiny, later renamed Tiny Mansions
Opened in July 1928.
Hotel Tiny was "handsomely equipped as a residence as well as a restaurant and public hotel, which was "a credit to the workmanship and taste of Mr. W. Livin." The China Press review went: "An American-style building modernized throughout and with all the latest conveniences, the Hotel Tiny is so fashioned by Mr. Livin that direct lighting can be gotten in every room and corridor. The results of building on such a small piece of land, only half a mow, are complimentary in the extreme to the architect. [...] The artistic touches in the dining-room, and the den, the stained glass windows, are the work of the artist Mr. Lehonos, of the Lehonos & Hamilton Art Studio."
Hotel Tiny had "a dining room and a winter garden, huge wine cellars with special refrigerations, a number of large single rooms and two-room suites, each with a bath, a lift, fine wire screening to eliminate mosquitoes throughout." The Hotel Tiny was overall "comfortable and even luxurious in its appointments."
The ballroom was designed by Livin's long-time friend and colleague, N. C. Sokolovsky, "from the preliminary sketches up to last full-size details." (NCDN, 29 Nov 1929)
The French-managed boutique hotel was popular with the francophone community in Shanghai.